and around Barbiano
Holy Trinity Church in Colma:
TheTrinityChurchin Colma was inaugurated in 1588 – it was formerly connected by a wooden walkway to the Customs House. After a devastating fire in 1938, it has been completely renovated.
Holy Grave Chapel in Barbiano:
The small churchof Saint Ingenuinand Albuin in Sant’Ingenuino is located below the road that connects Ponte Gardena with Barbiano. The chapel was probably built in the 17th century and features a simple Baroque altar. Three roadside crosses are located in the immediate vicinity of the little church.
Church of Saint Ingenuin and Albuin:
The churchof Saint Ingenuinand Albuin in Sant’Ingenuino was first mentioned in 1398 and took its present form in the 15th century. The Gothic church is a popular attraction for art lovers in theIsarcoValley.
Leonhard Church in Colma:
Just off the highway in Colma, the Leonhard Church rises with its impressive bell wall façade. In the 17th century, the church was extended by two side chapels with picturesque turrets.
Parish Church of St. Jacob in Barbiano:
The parish church in Barbiano was first mentioned in1378. Astriking feature of the church is the leaning church tower with its octagonal tip. On the high altar in the interior, there is a copy of the Wechselburger Crucifixion Group.
Holy Cross, Monastery and Church of Our Lady:
An artistic jewel in Chiusa is the Holy Cross, Monastery and Churchof Our Lady. It dates from the 17th century and is decorated with precious wall and ceiling paintings.
Capuchin Church in Chiusa:
The CapuchinChurchin Chiusa is the abbey church of the Capuchin Order and was built together with the monastery in 1699-1701. It features elaborate paintings and altarpieces from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Church of Saint Valentin in Verdines:
The Romanesque Church of Saint Valentin in Verdines was first mentioned at the beginning of the 13th century. In its interior you may admire murals and ornate frescoes from different centuries.
Parish Church of Saint Andrew in Chiusa:
The first mention of the parish church in Chiusa dates back to the year 1208. The church was built in Romanesque style, and then rebuilt in the late 15th century in Gothic style.
Saint Michael’s Church at the cemetery in Villandro:
Just steps away from the main church there is the cemetery church in Villandro, which today is used as a mortuary. The building dates from the year 1344 and is surrounded by a cemetery, which with its wrought grave crosses counts among the most beautiful in theIsarcoValley.
Church of Saint Valentin in Villandro:
Featuring ornate frescos, the Churchof Saint Valentinin Villandro was inaugurated in the early 14th century. After a fire in 1400, an impressive Gothic stellar vault was added to the building.